Open Studio is available to those of you who qualify with either prior fusing experience, have completed an Intro to Glass Fusing workshop, or 20 hours of private instruction at The Glass Underground. Artists must be able to work independently, however, a tech will be on hand to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Artists who qualify will have full use of all tools, equipment, molds, and kilns. A limited amount of personal storage space is available on a first come, first served basis. Student storage usage has a time limit of 3 months, meaning if you are not a frequent user, you must remove your supplies. If your materials/work have been in the studio for more than 3 months, we will send you a notification. If we do not get a response, your stored items will be discarded.
The studio has a separate, ventilated room for working with powders and plaster. The main workroom has ample space to spread out and work comfortably. We offer an extensive ceramic and stainless steel mold collection and a book lending library.
Contact us first if you have any concerns or questions about your qualifications for working in our studio.
1 - Apollo Ring Saw
2 - WAZER Water-Jet Machines
1 - Olympic GF15
Open Studio Rates
Open Studio hours are available 5 days a week, unless workshops are in session.
- Open Studio: $16.50 per hour with a one-hour minimum
- Kiln Rental: $13 per kiln*
- Slumping Charge: $16 per kiln
- Additional Mold Charge: $5 per mold
- Coldworking: $22 per hour with a one-hour minimum